Hiring Marquees for Your Wedding Reception
As the trend for outdoor weddings and receptions suggests, there can be many advantages of marquee hire for such a special and important occasion. Marquees make it possible to have an intimate wedding at home or in an outdoor location, such as a garden, park or winery.
Reassuringly, event hire specialist companies can assist people planning weddings with almost every element that needs to be considered to successfully hold an outdoor function. As well as the hire of the marquee, they can assist with ideas and recommendations for decorations, food and beverage service, lighting and many other aspects of the function.
What are some of the benefits to hiring a marquee for a wedding reception?
- A blank canvas: Essentially, when choosing a marquee for your wedding reception you have a blank canvas to which you can add any colour or decorative theme that you wish. This is important for many people who have original or definite ideas about the colours and decorations they wish to use.
- Versatility according to the weather: A great benefit of wedding marquees is that they can be altered to accommodate the weather. If it is a hot day, it is usually possible to open the sides and/or use fans and portable air conditioners, whereas heaters and flooring can be used to reduce the effects of cold weather.
- Flexibility: Cold, wet weather need not prevent you from having your wedding reception outdoors in a beautiful space. Use of a wedding marquee provides the flexibility and confidence of knowing that your guests will not be cold and wet and have a less enjoyable experience.
- Suit your guest list: Wedding marquees can be hired according to your guest list, rather than the converse situation of reducing or adding to a guest list in order to comply with the capacity of your venue.
What do you need to know about a wedding marquee?
Because it is important to get exactly what you want on your special day, asking the right questions and obtaining the right information about wedding marquee hire is incredibly important. In particular, it is recommended that detail be sought about the following:
- The sizes and styles of marquees that are available. Of course, different sized marquees cater for parties of different sizes, but marquees also come in a range of styles that lend themselves well to weddings of different styles and themes.
- Supply of marquee linings and valences in colours that may complement your colour scheme and the decorations that you wish to use.
- The possibility of supplying other needs such as tables, chairs, a dance floor, audiovisual equipment and so much more. Dealing with just one supplier for these needs is often more simple and results in savings being made.
- The possibility of seeing the marquee that you propose to hire set up for a wedding or other function. Being able to see your marquee ‘in action’ is often the best way to decide if it is actually what you want and whether it will meet your needs.
- Logistical details such as when the marquee would need to be erected and taken down again.
- The possibility of a representative being on hand throughout the occasion to deal with any problems that may be encountered, such as power outages or dramatically changed weather conditions.
- The frequency at which marquees are cleaned and overhauled.
- It can also be useful to ask for references and to speak with people who have used the service and hired a marquee in the last 12 months.
When hiring a wedding marquee, discuss the types of lighting that may be used with your supplier. This is important for all events, but particularly those that occur in the evening. Find out about the types of lighting that are provided as standard and explain the lighting effect and atmosphere that you want to create. Keep in mind that it is not always possible to use candles — these are not allowed by some marquee suppliers for safety reasons.
Marquees are an increasingly popular and excellent option of wedding reception venue. Marquees offer incredible flexibility and the confidence that you and your guests will be well protected from the elements and have everything you need for a memorable and wonderful time.