Tips for Planning a Garden Party
Garden parties offer a great way to celebrate so many special occasions. There is something wonderful about outdoor events and garden party themed events really do allow you to be innovative in a way that allows you to create a magical and enchanting atmosphere for your guests.
It goes without saying that garden party themed events are especially enjoyable when the weather is great. However, garden parties are also possible and can be incredibly successful in inclement weather; marquee hire makes it possible to enjoy a party in almost any garden location with confidence and beautiful facilities, no matter what the outside conditions.
If you are planning an event with a garden party theme, the following tips will provide important and useful guidance to help make your occasion a resounding success:
1: Craft your invitations to reflect your party
It is quite likely that you will send out invitations to your party. It is a very good idea to create invitations that give guests clues and a sense of what they can expect at your garden party.
2: Use decorations to create a wonderful atmosphere
The decorations that you use at your garden party are one of the best and most important ways to create a truly wonderful atmosphere. In fact, a garden setting allows so many more decorating possibilities than a typical room or function centre.
It is a fabulous idea to select a theme and decorate your garden to reflect this theme. If you are considering different ways to decorate your garden for a party, you may be interested in:
- Fairy lights hung throughout trees and plants
- Using candles on table and perhaps to light pathways
- Using fresh fruits, such as lemons and limes, to decorate tables
- Plenty of fresh flowers and foliage — on tables and throughout the venue/location
- Wind chimes and crystals hung from trees to create sound and visual impact
- Music that will help to develop the atmosphere and enhance the use of the decorations selected
3: Engage an event hire company to help you with all your tableware needs
Particularly if you are hosting a larger garden-party-themed event or one with many guests, one of the very best things you can do to ensure its success — and your own sanity — is to work with a professional event hire company. These specialists can help you with so many of the necessary elements for your party, including:
- Table and chair hire
- Tablecloths and napkins
- Crockery, cutlery and glassware
- Wine buckets and drink storage
- Audiovisual and PA equipment
- Many of your decorating needs
4: Provide a menu that pairs well with your garden party
As with any party, the food that you serve is important. Depending on whether you use a catering company, dishes that can be prepared in advance of the occasion are a great idea as they allow you to relax a little more than you otherwise might and give you a chance to interact with your guests.
Great food for a garden party may include:
- Wraps, cold meats and salad
- Barbecued chicken, pieces of salmon, prawns and lamb kebabs
- New potatoes served warm with butter and herbs
- Char-grilled vegetables, such as eggplant, capsicum and zucchini
- Gourmet cheeses and specialty crackers
- A range of delicious dips and crudités
- Fresh fruit (particularly if presented with chocolate dipping sauce — just delicious and always a hit!)
5: Serve drinks that are appropriate for all guests at your garden party
Having bottles of beer, chilled wine and champagne is highly appropriate at your garden-party-themed event, but don’t forget about the guests that may not be drinking alcohol — both adults and children. It is certainly possible to serve interesting alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, including:
- Homemade lemonade
- Summer punch (with or without alcohol)
- Ginger beer, sparkling water and delicious fruit juices
The theme of a garden party provides a perfect way to celebrate so many occasions. With careful planning and thought regarding the details of your occasion, it is possible to host a very special and highly memorable event.